Wednesday, November 17, 2010

End of generation 1

Dad was fishing at the lake across from where we live when the grim reaper came for him. It was so sudden and rather unexpected. He had just retired and had lots of little projects planned around the house.



Then the same day within a matter of hours, the grim reaper returned and this time he came for mom. I am heart broken and not quite sure what it will be like living in this house without them. Before she left, she begged me to promise that I would continue the legacy and be strong.



It feels like just yesterday that I was still in high school going to football games with my friends and having a good time. Now, I have the responsibility of the house and the bills. Even though mom and dad left me some money, it is still a bit daunting. Lance told me as soon as he graduates he is out of here. He wants to travel.




I have now graduated from high school and I have a boyfriend. His name is Marlin Rowell. He is really cute and I think he is going to ask me to marry him. Heck if he doesn't, I'll ask him.



I'm a bit scared, but excited as well. They say when one door closes another one opens.

No comments:

Post a Comment